Friday, November 13, 2015

MOTHER'S PINEAPPLE - CARROT SALAD

On her recipe card my mother just referred to this as "Salad". She always made it for the holidays and I loved it. It is a great way to get kids to eat carrots, too! With Thanksgiving not too far away, I couldn't resist making it for us. I renamed it Pineapple-Carrot Salad because Salad just didn't seem like enough.

This is the perfect salad to serve with your Thanksgiving dinner.


PINEAPPLE - CARROT SALAD

2        cups grated carrots
1         box orange Jell-O (the smaller one)
2        cups pineapple juice, divided
3/4    cup chopped nuts (Mother always used pecans.)


Grate the carrots.
Heat one cup of the pineapple juice in the microwave til hot. (I heated it on high for 1-1/2 minutes.)


Dissolve the box of Jell-O in the heated juice.

Add the rest of the juice (not heated) and stir.


Add the grated carrots.


Add the pecans.


Pour into a glass dish and as my mother says, "put in the ice box and freeze".
(You don't actually freeze it - just put in refrigerator to congeal.)

No comments:

Post a Comment