Wednesday, November 11, 2015

MOIST PINEAPPLE BANANA BREAD

"Moist" is almost not strong enough to describe this delicious Pineapple Banana Bread. I love the addition of the crushed pineapple and flaked coconut. It only has a hint of a banana taste, if you aren't real crazy about banana bread. I would have a hard time calling this banana bread, actually. I placed it on my cake plate stand with a glass dome cover before it completely cooled. I think this just adds to the moistness.


MOIST PINEAPPLE BANANA BREAD

1/2       cup butter, softened
1           cup sugar (I used 1/2 cup stevia/sugar blend)
2          eggs
1/2       cup mashed bananas
1/3       cup drained crushed pineapple (I used no sugar added crushed pineapple.)
1/2       cup flaked coconut
2          cups flour
1           teaspoon baking powder
1/2       teaspoon baking soda
1/2       teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8 x 4 - inch loaf pan. ( I think my the loaf pan I used was 8-1/2 x 4-1/2 - inches.)

Cream the butter and sugar til smooth.

Beat in eggs. Scrape sides of bowl as needed.

Stir in bananas, pineapple, and coconut.

Combine the dry ingredients with a whisk in a smaller mixing bowl.

Add dry ingredients just til combined.

Spread batter in loaf pan and bake for 50 - 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center of the loaf.

Cool in pan 10 minutes.

May need to run a knife around the inside of the pan to loosen. Finish cooling on wire rack.



Store under a glass dome cover or wrap in foil.

No comments:

Post a Comment