Monday, November 16, 2015

HONEY PUMPKIN PIE

Every year our church has a traditional Thanksgiving Dinner a week or two before Thanksgiving. The youth sponsor the event and use the donations for their program. 

We missed the dinner this year because it was the same day as our Tasty Bunch gathering. I usually make a dessert and donate, but since we were not going to be able to attend, I decided to offer to make two pies this year.

My husband isn't really a pumpkin fan. He usually will eat anything I make with it, but he has other favorites. Well, I love pumpkin pie. I was so excited when I found this recipe for Honey Pumpkin Pie in a magazine back in '84. Since traditional pumpkin pie doesn't contain honey, I thought maybe he might like this pie. AND he does. The honey gives it a distinct taste.... and with a less pumpkin taste. When the youth were asking for pumpkin pie and pecan pie, I thought of this honey pumpkin pie immediately.


HONEY PUMPKIN PIE

1        can (16 ounces) pumpkin (the cans are 15 ounces now)
1-1/3 cups undiluted evaporated milk (almost a 12 - ounce can)
1/3    cup honey
1/2    cup sugar
2       large eggs
2       teaspoons pumpkin pie spice

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.

In a large bowl, mix the pumpkin , milk, honey, sugar, eggs, and spice with a wire whisk 
til smooth.

Pour into an unbaked 9 - 10 inch pastry crust.

Bake pie for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake pie for 35 more minutes.

Cool on rack.

Chill before serving.



No comments:

Post a Comment