Saturday, November 28, 2015

CREAMY CARAMEL DIP

This recipe for Creamy Caramel Dip in my Tasteful Treasures from the Horse and Buggy Country of Conewango Valley, New York sounded just what the afternoon called for when the Farkle group met at my house. To make a pretty presentation, I had several different varieties of apples I could slice (I didn't peel the apples). Well, it turned out tasting as good as it looked. It makes plenty, so my husband and I were able to enjoy it with sliced apples afterwards.



CREAMY CARAMEL DIP

8       oz. cream cheese (I used fat free cream cheese)
3/4   cup brown sugar (I didn't pack it.)
1        cup sour cream (I used light, but would have used fat free if I had had some.)
2       teaspoons vanilla
2       teaspoons ReaLemon
1        cup milk (I used skim milk)
1        (3 - oz) pkg. instant vanilla pudding (I used sugar free instant vanilla pudding)

Beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. (I would have the cream cheese at room temperature. If you use fat free, you can use it straight from the refrigerator.)

Add sour cream, vanilla, and ReaLemon. Beat again.

Add the pudding and milk; beat well until smooth.

Refrigerate for at least an hour. Serve with fresh fruit.




Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator.


TIP!  To keep the apple slices from turning dark, soak in water that you have added a little lemon juice. (I didn't measure the lemon juice but I may have used 1/4 cup to the quart of water.)

No comments:

Post a Comment