Tuesday, October 20, 2015

PUMPKIN SPICE FRENCH TOAST

When I went to the dentist a couple of weeks ago for my six-month cleaning/check-up, I took them a small loaf of the Delicious Pumpkin Bread. (This is the lightest, moistest pumpkin bread I have ever made.) Dr. G. was talking about how everything is going "pumpkin" right now. It's true. I don't drink coffee and so don't crave the pumpkin flavored lattes that are so popular right now, but I know lots of people do.

Well, when I saw this recipe for Pumpkin Spice French Toast on Facebook from PBS Parents, I had to copy it down to try. It looked easy enough and with just a hint of pumpkin. Since we often eat "breakfast" for "dinner/supper", it was just perfect the other night.



PUMPKIN SPICE FRENCH TOAST

3/4     cup milk
3         eggs
1/4      cup unsweetened canned pumpkin
2         tablespoons sugar (I used stevia)
1          teaspoon cinnamon
1/2      teaspoon vanilla
1/4      teaspoon pumpkin pie spice 
6-8     slices of bread (I used whole wheat)


Beat eggs with a whisk in a bowl. 
Add the rest of the ingredients and whisk til smooth.


Pour mixture into a shallow dish/pie plate.





Heat skillet over medium heat.


Soak bread slices a couple of seconds on each side.


Fry slices long enough for each side to become dry and speckled brown.


Dust with powdered sugar and a dab of butter.






Serve with warm maple syrup. (I used sugar-free syrup.)

No comments:

Post a Comment