Wednesday, September 2, 2015

SOUL-SATISFYING OATMEAL WAFFLES

Jeanne Stickell of Tucson, AZ should have included the word "Hearty" in the title, too, because these Soul-Satisfying Oatmeal Waffles certainly are. I wasn't sure I was going to be able to eat the whole thing. 

I made them for "supper" as I often do. I think I would be able to skip lunch if I actually made them for breakfast. Feel free to use any flavor of instant oatmeal packets for a different taste. I used two different ones because I didn't have 2 alike.

Jeanne suggested substituting 1/2 cup of canned pumpkin for 1/2 cup of the milk when the temperature drops and the leaves start turning beautiful colors and pumpkin just seems to be ingredient of the day. I certainly will give it a try.




SOUL-SATISFYING OATMEAL WAFFLES

1          cup all-purpose flour
1/2      cup whole wheat flour
2         packets instant oatmeal (I used on maple & brown sugar and one cinnamon & spice)
1          tablespoon baking powder
1          teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4      teaspoon salt
1-1/2   cup milk
2         eggs
1/3      cup butter, melted
1/2      cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)


In a large bowl, mix the the flours, instant oatmeal packets, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt with a whisk.


In another bowl, whisk the milk, eggs, & butter.


Stir the mixture into the dry ingredients just until moistened.


Fold in pecans.


Bake in hot waffle iron.


Serve with butter and powdered sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment