Friday, July 10, 2015

SARA'S GLUTEN - FREE ORANGE CHICKEN

When my family surprised me on my birthday, we had them all over for a homecooked meal at our house. I thought I would prepare chicken someway since we were having beef Saturday night. I also thought I would use the slow cooker so I wouldn't miss any of the "fun". 

The only problem was the recipe I thought I would use, dil Sara couldn't eat it because the soups contained wheat. Before I could look for a different recipe, she offered to make her Orange Chicken. She had to get a few of the ingredients because the ones I had contained wheat. It is amazing how many products contain wheat. 

Anyway, she worked so quickly (and I was doing something with the granddaughters, too, I think) I didn't get pictures of her preparing it. Sorry.

Everyone liked it including the grandchildren. My husband and I were glad we had some left over. He cut it up and added it to his salads the next week. Unfortunately, I didn't get to eat any of it as he ate it all before I had a chance.



ORANGE CHICKEN (Gluten - Free)

Boneless chicken breast (I had 4 large boneless ones and about 12 chicken tenders)

1       13 - oz jar orange marmalade
1       18 - oz bottle bbq sauce (that doesn't contain wheat - Weber has one.)
1       tablespoon soy sauce (that doesn't contain wheat - La Choy Lite doesn't contain wheat)


Mix the orange marmalade, bbq sauce, and soy sauce.

Place chicken in a slow cooker. (I used my 6 quart size)

Pour mixture over the chicken.


Cover and bake for 4 hours on Low. 

Serve over rice.

If the chicken is frozen, Sara says to cook it on High for 4 hours or 6 hours on Low.

Thanks so much Sara for preparing your Orange Chicken for us and sharing your recipe with me for my blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment