Tuesday, July 21, 2015

LEMON COCONUT CAKE

Last Friday when Friend Janice and I went to estate sales, I bought a 6 - cup Bundt pan. I had never seen one before and thought it would be cute to make a smaller Bundt cake. They actually had three for sale, but I just bought one. After researching, I now know I should have bought two of them. I might have thought of doing that had I realized the larger pan is 12 cups not 10 cups. That way I could have mixed up a cake for the larger pan but made two of them using the smaller pans. I probably won't see another one now that I want to buy one.

I did see that a recipe for an 8 x 4 - inch loaf pan can be baked in it. That's what I decided to do. I had received an email from Daily Dish for this recipe for a Lemon Coconut Loaf. I had copied it down and when I saw it was baked in an 8 x 4 - inch loaf pan, I decided to give it a try. I had to watch it while it baked since I figured the cooking time would be different, but it did turn out really cute.

If you don't have a 6 - cup Bundt pan, just make it in an 8 x 4 - inch loaf pan. It tastes better the next day. It is so much more moist.



LEMON COCONUT CAKE

1/2       cup truvia (stevia/sugar blend) or 1 cup sugar
1/2       cup butter, softened (15 sec in microwave)
2          large eggs
3          tablespoons lemon juice
1           teaspoon lemon zest (I use McCormick's lemon peel)
1-1/2    cup flour
1           teaspoon baking powder
1/4       teaspoon salt
1/2       cup milk
1/2       cup coconut (I used unsweetened)

Lemon Drizzle

3/4     cup powdered sugar
2         teaspoon lemon juice

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 6 - cup Bundt pan or an 8 x 4 - inch loaf pan. I used my homemade Pan Grease.


Beat the sugar and butter til light and fluffy.


Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.


Stir in lemon juice and zest.








Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in another bowl.

Add the dry mixture alternately with the milk into batter not overmixing.


Fold in coconut just enough to evenly combine.


Pour into pan.


Bake about 40 minutes for Bundt pan and 60 minutes for loaf pan. Check doneness with a toothpick.






While baking, combine the powdered sugar with the lemon juice in a small bowl. Add enough lemon juice to make it the consistency you wish to glaze the cake with. Set aside.

Cool 10 minutes in pan on wire rack.

Remove cake to serving tray. 


Drizzle glaze over the cake.










Cover til next day before serving. 

 Remember, if you wish to print this recipe using the print icon below, you will be given the option to "remove images" when the print window opens. If you do not see the print icon below, you need to go back to the title of this post and tap/click on it. Then just this post will open and the print button will be included with the share buttons at the bottom. Home will return you to the blog and the most recent posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment