Friday, July 17, 2015

BAR-B-QUE SAUCE (MARINADE) FOR CHICKEN

One thing I like about summer is grilling. Especially when my husband or younger son, Patrick, is the chef. But even if I have to be the chef, it is a break from the heat of the kitchen. 

I found this recipe for bar-b-que sauce for chicken in my Midwest Old Threshers Cookbook, 40th Reunion Limited Edition. Since I had some chicken tenders and wanted to find a new way to grill them, the recipe sounded interesting. It was submitted by Karen Richard of Mt. Pleasant, Iowa. 

Fortunately, I mixed up the ingredients a couple of hours before I planned to grill the chicken. I say fortunately because it didn't turn out exactly like I thought it would. BUT I decided to place the chicken tenders in the mixture and let them marinade for several hours. That's why I added (marinade) to the title. 

The results were delicious juicy grilled chicken. tenders. The combination of ingredients produced a tasty piece of chicken.




BAR-BE-QUE SAUCE (MARINADE) FOR CHICKEN

1/2       cup vinegar
1           cup water
1           tablespoon salt
1/4        cup brown sugar
1           teaspoon pepper
1           stick butter or margarine
1           tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

Combine all ingredients in a saucepan. 
Heat until butter melts.

Cover the chicken pieces to marinade for a couple of hours in the refrigerator. 
The butter solidified some from the cold but that just meant the tenders were covered with butter and the sauce.





Rub oil on the grill to prevent the chicken from sticking to the grill as it cooks (before you start the fire).

Preheat grill to 350 degrees F.

Place chicken tenders on grill. 

Cover the grill and return the temperature to 350 degrees F. Start your timer.

Grill for 5 minutes and then turn to grill 4 - 5 minutes on the other side. Check pieces for doneness and grill a little longer if necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment