Thursday, June 11, 2015

GINGER PEACHY PIE

I am so excited that you can find peaches in the grocery stores now. As soon as I saw that Sprouts had them on special, I went there to buy a few pounds. I really miss the peach tree we had in our yard in Ventura. They were the best ever and even better, they didn't cost anything.

I had seen this recipe for Ginger Peachy Pie in The Best of Desserts cookbook, a recent find at an estate sale. Jane Murray of Colorado had contributed the recipe. Oh Boy! It is so good! Not your normal peach pie taste because of the nuts and ginger, but we are really enjoying it.


GINGER PEACHY PIE

4       cups sliced peaches 
1/2    cup chopped pecans
2/3   cup sugar (I used stevia)
2       tablespoons flour
1/8    teaspoon salt
2       teaspoons ginger
1        recipe 2 - crust pie pastry (I used 2 purchased pie crust from Wal-mart - they are the best)
1        teaspoon lemon juice

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.

Mix peaches and pecans in a bowl. 
Sprinkle with the mixture of the sugar, flour, salt, and ginger; toss gently.

Pour into a pastry - lined 8 1/2 or 9 - inch pie plate.

Sprinkle with lemon juice.

Top with remaining pie crust; seal the edges and cut vents in the top crust.

Bake for 30 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment