Monday, June 22, 2015

CREATE YOUR OWN SMOOTHIE

With all the fresh fruit available I have been enjoying a smoothie almost everyday. I eat a serving of Activia Greek yogurt everyday so by adding a few ingredients and whipping it all up in my blender, I have a "meal" that stays with me longer than just eating the yogurt alone.

Creating your own smoothie is so easy. You can enjoy a different one everyday by just using whatever ingredients you have available. The other great thing is if you are in a hurry, you can make - it - and - take - it with you. I actually do this often.

I have listed suggestions for each group, but don't be restricted by them. You are creating your own smoothie. I have been throwing in 3 nice size strawberries, 5 or 6 fresh cherries that I have cut out the pit, and the frozen fruit varies from fresh blueberries that I have frozen to fresh peaches that I sliced and froze to frozen mixed fruit that I have bought. I always stick in half a banana at the end. While I don't really measure anything, I have given you general amounts. A little less will not make as generous of a serving.


SMOOTHIES

1         single-serving size yogurt or 1/2 cup (Any flavor)

1/2     cup liquid (milk, orange juice, cranberry juice, pineapple juice....)

1/2     cup fresh fruit ( strawberries, cherries, peaches, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries....)

1/2     cup frozen fruit (can use ice cubes, but I prefer the frozen fruit)

1/2     banana

1         heaping tablespoon of peanut butter (optional)

1         scoop of protein powder (optional)

Add ingredients in blender in order given. Process until thick and smooth. May need to use a spoon to scrape off any yogurt, etc that might get on the sides of the container and aren't being blended.

You will have a generous smoothie when you finish that you will truly enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment