Monday, April 13, 2015

CHEWY OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES

When my husband came home from the tax office, he greeted me with, "Well, they liked your cookies!" That's always good to hear. When I woke up that morning, I didn't know what I was going to make for him to take. I had seen this recipe in a Healthy Cooking Comfort Food Makeovers magazine from Taste of Home February/March 2011 the day before when I was finishing up some sewing and decided to do a little cleaning in my sewing room. It sounded good and I thought I would give them a try sometime.

That morning when I needed to find something that would be fast and easy, I reread the recipe from the magazine. Sounded like a good one to try. I didn't "cut" any calories this first time, but when I bake them again, I will use stevia for the sugar and maybe even brown sugar/stevia blend for the brown sugar. Since my husband prefers the golden raisins, that is what I used in the recipe.


CHEWY OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES

1/3      cup canola oil
1/3      cup packed brown sugar
2         tablespoons sugar
3         tablespoons water
1          egg white
3/4     teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3      cup all-purpose flour
1/3      cup whole wheat flour
2         teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2      teaspoon baking soda
1/4      teaspoon salt
2         cups old-fashioned oats
1/2      cups raisins

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray lightly cookie sheets

In a medium sized bowl, combine the flours, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt with a whisk. Set aside.

In a large mixing bowl, combine the oil, sugars, water, egg white, and vanilla with the whisk.

Gradually add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture,

mixing well after each addition.

Stir in raisins with a wooden spoon.

Stir in oatmeal.

Using a cookie scoop, drop mounds on cookie sheet and flatten slightly.

Bake for 8 minutes or until golden brown.

Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet before removing to wire racks to finish cooling.

About 74 calories per cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment