Wednesday, March 25, 2015

STRAWBERRY BANANA FREEZIE

I found this recipe in a file I created a  l - o - n -  g  time ago when I was trying to find something to bake for my husband to take to the tax office at Fort Leavenworth. Since I had some fresh strawberries and banana ripening, I thought it was the perfect "pick-me-up". It was so refreshing. I enjoyed two glasses as pictured below and then told my husband he could have the rest. I think I will be enjoying this freezie every time I have fresh strawberries in the house. You can see in one of the pictures below, I filled the 1/2 cup measuring cup to overflowing. Since the strawberries were so big (#1s), I wanted to makeup for the empty space in the measuring cup. My banana was also small, so I used more like 3/4 ths of it.


STRAWBERRY BANANA FREEZIE

1        cup orange juice
2       teaspoons honey
1/2    medium-size ripe banana, sliced
1/2    cup unsweetened strawberries, halved
crushed ice

Combine the orange juice, honey, banana, strawberries in electric blender.

Cover, and whirl at high speed until smooth.

With motor running, gradually add as much crushed ice as necessary for desired thickness. (I added about 1 cup crushed ice.)

No comments:

Post a Comment