Monday, March 23, 2015

(KANSAS CITY'S) CHIEF'S TAILGATE DIP


Friday night we had 7 couples over for an evening of bridge. We used to have a pot luck dinner when we met once a month. Now we just like some appetizers and dessert. Since I don't "do" appetizers that well, I had to spend a little time searching through some of my numerous cookbooks looking for something I thought everyone would like. 

I have to admit the name of this first appetizer I am sharing with you is what caught my attention. Tailgating at the Kansas City Chiefs' home football games is quite an event. Since it was easy to make and I had most of the ingredients, I decided to make it and serve it as one of my appetizers. Complements to Cindy Decker from Excelsior Springs' First United Methodist Church for the recipe.

I did use reduced fat ingredients when I could. I would have used fat-free sour cream, but they didn't have it at the store when my husband went shopping for me. Friend Sue said she knew I would reduce the calories if it was at all possible.


CHIEF'S TAILGATE DIP

1-1/2     cups mayonnaise (I used Mayo with olive oil - reduced fat)
1-1/2     cups sour cream (I used reduced fat but fat free would work)
4           oz (1 cup) grated cheddar cheese
4           oz. (1 cup) grated mozzarella cheese
2           tablespoons Parmesan cheese
2           tablespoons onion flakes (I used dried minced onion)
1            tablespoon chopped parsley or dried (I did use dried parsley)
1            teaspoon sugar
1            teaspoon garlic salt

Combine the mayo and sour cream in a large mixing bowl.

Add the cheeses, onion, parsley, sugar, and salt.

Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. I made mine in the morning to serve at 7 that night.






Serve with bagel chips or crackers.

My husband liked it with a new chip he found at the grocery store called Stacy's Pita Chips. They are a blend of 6 different grains topped with sea salt.


No comments:

Post a Comment