Friday, March 20, 2015

BUTTERSCOTCH FUDGE BARS

After two days of cool light rain, I am hoping the weather"men" are correct and it is going to get up to 60 today and even in the 70s tomorrow. After spending a marvelous week in Arizona with the temps in the 80s, I am more than ready for Spring.

It has been a busy week since we got back. We are still adjusting to the two hours difference in the time and getting ready to have 7 couples over Friday night for an evening of bridge. Besides cleaning house, I have been using most of my free time looking for some new recipes to make to serve. You'll get to see them next week, if they turn out as good as I hope. I never share anything that doesn't meet my high approval rate. 

Yesterday, I made these delicious Butterscotch Fudge Bars for my husband to take to the tax office at Fort Leavenworth. (The cookies I made for him to take on Monday were a disappointment. That meant he had to go without any "goody".) I think these bars will make up for it....at least I hope they do.




BUTTERSCOTCH FUDGE BARS

1/2    cup butter (1 stick)
1        square (1 oz) unsweetened chocolate
2/3   cup packed light brown sugar
1        egg
1        teaspoon vanilla
1        cup flour
1        teaspoon baking powder
dash of salt
1        cup butterscotch chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 inch square pan. ( I used my Pan Grease.)


In a medium size glass mixing bowl, melt butter and chocolate on High for 30 seconds. Stir, and cook for 30 more seconds on High. Stir til chocolate is melted. If necessary, can repeat for 15 or 30 more seconds. I just kept stirring.


Stir in brown sugar until no lumps. Cool to lukewarm.


Stir in vanilla and egg.

Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Stir into chocolate mixture until blended. 
Mixture will be thick.

Stir in chips.


Since the batter is thick, drop dollops of the batter around the pan and then spread evenly to cover the bottom. It will be a thin layer. Make sure you don't have any holes.


Bake for 22 - 27 minutes. A toothpick should come out clean or with a few moist crumbs when done.

Cool pan on wire rack.

Cut and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment