Wednesday, February 18, 2015

ROMAINE AND MANDARIN ORANGE SALAD

At our Valentine's Day dinner Saturday night, Friend Carol brought the salad. It was so good. I especially liked the poppy seed dressing Carol made. It is so good, I personally see no reason to buy any bottled dressing again. Carol had the dressing in a small bottle and allowed everyone to pour their own. If you do this, make sure you shake the bottle often as the poppy seeds will sink to the bottom quickly. 

My picture isn't the best. I had eaten about half my salad when I remembered to take a picture. I also poured a little too much dressing, but it tasted so good.



ROMAINE and MANDARIN ORANGE SALAD

6       slices bacon
10     cups romaine lettuce
10     oz can mandarin oranges
1/4    cup slivered almonds or pecan pieces
1/2    cup vegetable oil
1/3    cup vinegar
1        teaspoon poppy seeds
3/4   cup truvia
1/2    teaspoon dry mustard
1/4    teaspoon salt

Cook and crumble the bacon.

Combine the vinegar, truvia, mustard, and salt in blender. Process on high then reduce speed to medium low and add vegetable oil.

Stir in the poppy seeds.

To serve: Toss the lettuce with the bacon, oranges, and nuts. Add dressing last.

No comments:

Post a Comment