Saturday, February 28, 2015

PEANUT BUTTER-BANANA SMOOTHIE

What a perfect way to start off the weekend but with a rich Peanut Butter-Banana Smoothie! 

I woke up earlier than I usually do and just decided to go on and get up. The pastor at our church has challenged us to read the four Gospels during Lent and I am a little behind. With the house quiet, I decided it would be perfect time to get caught up.

But I thought some nourishment might make the process more productive. That's where the Peanut Butter-Banana Smoothie comes into the picture of my morning.

The recipe comes from my latest cookbook acquisition, RX: for great cooking, a 50th Anniversary Collection of Groundbreaking Recipes from Supporters of Olathe Medical Center and specifically Susan Schroeder.

When I made this the first time I misread the recipe and only used 2 ice cubes instead of 2 cups. It made a nice drink though. I have made it again and used the 2 cups of ice cubes. It makes two servings but it wasn't as rich tasting as when I just used 2 ice cubes. I have gone back and revised Susan's recipe if you looked at his post earlier.




PEANUT BUTTER-BANANA SMOOTHIE


                           2 servings

2       cups ice cubes
2       sliced banana
1/2    cup skim milk
2       tablespoon smooth peanut butter
1        "squirt" chocolate syrup


Combine in blender and puree until smooth. Will make 2 servings if you use 2 cups of ice cubes or 1 serving if you only use 2 ice cubes. (Glad I can find some humor this Saturday morning. I will take that as a positive sign for a good day.)



I'm not hoping for the snow we have forecasted for tonight. The placemat just makes a nice background. 

***If you want to make just one serving using less ice cubes, use only 1 banana and 1 tablespoon of peanut butter.

Well, this is not getting Matthew read. Have a good weekend everyone and stay warm if it is cold where you are or cool if it is hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment