Wednesday, January 7, 2015

LAZY COOKIE CAKE

Brrrrrrr! Today is going to be our coldest day this winner with a high of maybe 8 degrees F. forecasted. Looks like most of the United States except the west coast is going to feel below normal temperatures. 

The recipe I am sharing today is one someone shared on Facebook. There wasn't much with the recipe, but the title sounded interesting and it was easy enough.

I decided to make it for my husband to take to Fort Leavenworth this week as he has started back with the prep work necessary to be able to complete the taxes for the service men and women and retirees. I kept one back when I cut them and put them on a tray for him to take them on and took a bite or two of it before I went to bed. Yummy! I am really glad I decided to use the Andes chips to melt for the chocolate drizzle. The mint was just perfect with the cookie "cake".


LAZY COOKIE CAKE

1        box cake mix - yellow or white (I did use a white cake mix)
2       eggs beaten
5       tablespoons melted butter
2       cups mini chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease or spray a 9 x 13 - inch pan.

Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Beat on low until combined. Batter will be thick. Scrape the sides of the bowl as necessary.

Carefully spread with a spatula in pan.  This is easier to do if you space out spoonfuls over the pan and then use the spatula to blend the "blobs" together.

Bake for 20 minutes.

Cool in pan on wire rack.







Prepare chocolate glaze.


CHOCOLATE GLAZE

1/2       cup chocolate chips
1/2       teaspoon shortening.

Place chips in a microwave-safe bowl and heat on high for 1 minute.

Stir to dissolve til smooth.


Add the shortening and stir til smooth.

Drizzle over cooled cake.  


No comments:

Post a Comment