Tuesday, January 6, 2015

LACY OATMEAL COOKIES

Even though I made these cookies the day after Christmas, you should not interpret that to mean they aren't very good. (My husband made some flower boxes for the front of our house back in the fall and I still haven't written the post. They look so good and I love them. They were also easy to make. All I can say is other things happened.) 

And that is what happened with these cookies. I made them when I was craving just a cookie (I'm that way a lot of times). I have always liked oatmeal cookies and saw the recipe in A taste of Kansas City II Menus and More cookbook. 

I don't think I have made a cookie recipe that just called for 1 teaspoon of flour. Yes, that is not a mistake on my part. That is why I think they are called "Lacy". I didn't make these to share with anyone but my husband. I know, that doesn't happen too often. I probably ate most of them because at the same time, I also made my husband some Microwave Peanut Brittle and he was busy eating it. He loves peanut brittle.



LACY OATMEAL COOKIES


1-1/2     cups quick oats
1/2        cup butter or margarine, melted (1 stick)
3/4       cup sugar (I used 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoon sugar/stevia blend)
1            teaspoon flour
1            teaspoon baking powder
1/3        teaspoon salt
1/2        cinnamon
1-2        shakes nutmeg
1/2        cup chopped pecans
1            egg
2           teaspoons vanilla

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.  Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.

In large bowl mix the oats and melted butter.

Combine the next seven ingredients in a separate bowl and add to oat mixture.

Beat egg and vanilla in a small bowl, and stir into mixture.

Place teaspoonfuls of dough on cookie sheets about 2 inches apart.

Bake 8 - 10 minutes.

Let cool before removing from cookie sheet to wire rack. 


(I removed the first batch when the second batch was finished cooking.....about 9 minutes.)




No comments:

Post a Comment