Saturday, January 17, 2015

EASY CROCK POT CANDY

I guess my cold, if that's what I am dealing with, isn't any worse. Just moving on to the next phase, like what usually happens with my allergies. My nose drip is considerably better, but now I have a slight cough and sore throat. Not sure which is worse.

After staying in 2 days, I was ready to get back out and act alive again yesterday. First I went to Book Club and led the discussion for my selection, Fannie Flagg's The All-Girl Filling Station's Last Reunion. If you haven't read it, I would highly recommend it to it. While terribly funny as only Fannie Flagg can be, you might also enjoy learning about a time in our US history that I would venture to guess most people don't know anything about....the WASPS  ( Women's Airforce Service Pilots.) 

After a lunch with the group, I did come home and rest for the afternoon so my husband and I could play bridge with some friends. I was glad we were playing at Jan and Byron's because they always like to have an assortment of goodies to eat.  (I told them since I had not been feeling well, I hadn't baked anything since Tuesday afternoon.)

I got three recipes but I am only going to share one of them with you this morning.  The delicious Crock Pot Candy. I had heard of it, but hadn't actually checked out the recipe. Well, it is so easy. I know I will be making it soon.

I almost forgot to tell you. I was the big winner with the highest score. I came home $6.00 richer....well actually, $5. (My husband wanted his $1 back that he contributed.) But since I was broke, $5 works for me.



EASY CROCK POT CANDY

1     16 - oz jar of unsalted peanuts
1     16 - oz jar of salted peanuts
1     12 - oz bag of semi - sweet chocolate chips
1     12 - oz bag of milk chocolate chips
2    10 - oz bags of peanut butter chips
2    1 - lb block of white almond bark or vanilla candy coating

Laying all of the ingredients in a large crock pot in the order given.

Turn the pot to low, cover with the lid, and cook for 2 hours on LOW.

Remove the lid and stir to combine the ingredients.

Replace lid and cook for another 30 minutes.

Stir one last time and then spoon mixture onto wax paper or non-stick aluminum foil. Allow to harden for at least 1 hour.

Jan spread her mixture out on the paper and then cut the candy into small pieces. You could spoon the mixture out and make clusters if you wanted.

Trust me it was really, really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment