Thursday, December 18, 2014

CHOCOLATE MINT SUGAR COOKIES


I took one of those sugar cookie mixes that makes 3 dozen cookies (You know the one I'm talking about.) when we went to CO for our early Christmas with our older son and his family. I thought I might make some with my granddaughters but we didn't. (I do enjoy cooking with them.) 

Yesterday I decided I would mix them up but decided to do some experimenting with the mix.  The result was this delicious cookie I decided to call Chocolate Mint Sugar Cookie.  


CHOCOLATE MINT SUGAR COOKIES

1        pkg. (17.5 oz) sugar cookie mix
3        tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons softened margarine (10 seconds in the microwave)
1        large egg
2        tablespoons water
1        teaspoon mint extract
1/2 - 3/4 cup Andes mint chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or use an ungreased cookie sheet.

Mix the cookie mix, softened margarine, water, egg, and extract in a large bowl.  

Mix with a wooden spoon until a soft dough forms. (Batter is thick.)

Add the mint chips.

Using a cookie scoop, drop dough on cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.

Bake for 9 - 10 minutes. (Cookies will be puffed up, but will flatten as they cool.)

Cool one minute on cookie sheet before removing to wire rack to finish cooling.





No comments:

Post a Comment