Thursday, November 6, 2014

JONES' CAFE LEMON CHICKEN

I'm not sure what we have been eating lately. We eat so much chicken, but it has been a while since I last cooked any. Finding a package of chicken tenders that I had frozen without dividing out into "serving sizes" in my freezer, I decided to do a quick search to see if I could find a new way to cook them.  I found just what sounded good when I picked up Mrs. Jones' cookbook from her cafe in Pine Bluff, AR., the Best of Ruby Jones

OMG! Love the lemon flavor! I served it over instant brown rice that I cooked in the microwave and spooned a little of the liquid over the chicken tenders. 


JONES' CAFE LEMON CHICKEN

1        lb. chicken tenders or 4 chicken breasts
1/4    cup + 2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2    cup margarine (1 stick), melted
1        teaspoon garlic powder
1        teaspoon poultry seasoning (I used 1 chicken bouillon cube)
1/2    teaspoon salt
1/4    teaspoon pepper
cooked rice

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.


Place chicken in lightly greased baking dish (size to fit the chicken).


Combine the remaining ingredients, except rice in a small mixing bowl.


Pour over the chicken. (You can see the bouillon cube in the picture. As the chicken cooked, the cube softened and I basted it over the pieces of chicken.)


Bake, uncovered, for 1 hour  or until tender. (45 minutes might be enough if using chicken tenders). Baste frequently. (I spooned the liquid over the chicken every 15 minutes.)


Serve over hot rice. Spoon some of the liquid over the pieces of chicken.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Patricia, even I don't eat any meat, I will try your chicken breast! I'm sure my husband and daughter will enjoy it!
    The cornbread I made using your recipe was so good, I really enjoyed it until the last crumb!
    Hugs, Rina.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great Rina. I still don't know how to share pictures on comments so I set up an email address for my blog. You can send me a picture there. My Patchwork Quilt @gmail.com

      Delete