Wednesday, October 29, 2014

MINT CHOCOLATE COOKIES

I LOVE THESE COOKIES!!!!!! And they are so easy.  Looking at the four main ingredients might make you wonder if the recipe is going to work, but it does.  

I needed something to take to share with the office staff on Monday when I went to get my two new crowns. So far they had liked the banana bread (HERE) and the chocolate zucchini cake (HERE) I had taken them. I wanted to take something made with apples (I have some apples I need to use soooon!), but when I saw this recipe in Lia Wilson's Quick Fixes with Mixes, I forgot all about the apples. These cookies can do that for me.  

I have made them from scratch for years, but I just had to try this recipe using the cake mix. The recipe called for a Swiss chocolate cake mix, but I didn't have one.  I also like using a sugar-free devil's food cake mix whenever I can to reduce the amount of sugar. The whipped topping I used was also sugar free. So my cookies are sugar free except for the powdered sugar.  



MINT CHOCOLATE COOKIES

1        Sugar-Free Devil's Food cake mix
1        egg
4        ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed (half of an 8 - oz container)
1/4     teaspoon peppermint extract
powdered sugar, sifted (a couple of spoonful) 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Spray cookies with cooking spray.

In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, egg, whipped topping, and peppermint extract.


Blend on low speed until thoroughly mixed. (The mixture will be very thick.)


Using a cookie scoop (1 tablespoon size), measure out a scoop of dough 


and roll in the powdered sugar
to completely coat.


Place on cookie sheet 2 - 3 inches apart.


Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.


Remove cookies immediately after removing cookie sheet from oven or cookies will stick to cookie sheet.

Cool on wire rack.

I made 31 cookies.

It turned out that only one of my two crowns worked.  Dr. G didn't like one of them and is having it remade.  That means I have to go back again.  He promised me he didn't make that decision just so I would come back and bring something else good to eat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment