Thursday, August 14, 2014

SKILLET PEACH COBBLER FOR TWO

The other night after dinner while we were watching TV, my husband and I both decided we wanted a little something sweet. I remembered this recipe for skillet peach cobbler that I had written down on a note pad and kept picking it up and putting it back down. The recipe didn't say "for two", but that's about all it will feed.

I asked my husband if he wanted some peach cobbler and he said, "Sure."  When I brought it down to him a little bit later, he said, "You've made it already?"

It really is fast.  Peeling and slicing the peaches take most of your time.  I would recommend that you only use ripe peaches. Otherwise, you need to cook them longer.

I told him it was like eating a fresh peach with a little ice cream. Which is true. I used reduced fat biscuit mix and stevia for the sugar. The batter is really thin and cooks up thin, so you really get the taste of the fresh peach.

Best though was the taste.  It was super delicious!!!!!



SKILLET PEACH COBBLER FOR TWO 
(REDUCED FAT/NO SUGAR ADDED)

2       ripe peaches, peeled, and sliced (1 cup)
3       tablespoons stevia or sugar

3       tablespoons margarine

1/4    cup reduced fat biscuit mix
1/4    cup skim milk

nutmeg

In an 8 - inch cast iron skillet over medium heat, melt the margarine


Toss the sliced peaches with the stevia in a medium sized bowl


Pour peach mixture in the skillet and cook for 3 - 4 minutes, stirring often

Combine the biscuit mix and milk in a small bowl


Pour batter over the hot peaches


Sprinkle with nutmeg


Cover the skillet and lower heat to medium low (2) and cook for 10 minutes 
or until batter is cooked


Serve over ice cream

No comments:

Post a Comment