Wednesday, June 18, 2014

PINEAPPLE COOKIES

These cookies were submitted by a dear friend, Helen Young, in the cookbook, Home Cookin', compiled by the women at College United Methodist Church in Ventura, CA.  I thought I would give them a try to take to Hillcrest to share Tuesday.  I had all of the ingredients and love making cookies.  I decided to use regular brown sugar but still substituted stevia for the 1/2 cup white sugar. I couldn't tell any difference and the volunteers at Hillcrest thought they were really good. So did my husband.  He ate 3 before I could leave for my shift.

Remember if you want to print the recipe using the print friendly button at the bottom of the post, you will have the option to remove the images.



PINEAPPLE COOKIES

1/2     cup shortening
1/2     cup brown sugar
1/2     cup white sugar (I used stevia)
1        egg
1/2     cup well-drained crushed pineapple (in its own juice)
1        teaspoon vanilla
2        cups sifted flour
1/4     teaspoon salt
1/2     teaspoon baking soda
1/2     teaspoon baking powder
1/2     cup chopped nuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.  Spray cooking sheet with cooking spray. (I lined my cookie sheets with parchment paper...so easy to clean up and cookies cook nicely.)


Cream shortening and sugars.


Add egg.


Stir in pineapple and vanilla.


Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl and then add to the pineapple mixture.


Drop by spoonfuls on the cookie sheet. (I used my cookie scoop. I turn the dough over when I place it on the sheet so that the flat side is on the top.)


Bake for 10 minutes.


Remove immediately and cool on wire rack.







I am working on my post for our weekend trip to Rome, GA for my husband's 50th high school reunion. I loved the city and all of its history. I hope to have it finished for publishing by Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment