Thursday, June 12, 2014

MOM'S BANANA BREAD

I had a few bananas I needed to use before we went to visit our son and his family in CO recently. I saw this recipe in my Colonial Cooks! cookbook (from Colonial Presbyterian Church in Overland Park, KS) that Lois Holland contributed.  

Even though I have my favorite banana bread recipes, this one caught my attention for a couple of reasons.  One, it only contained 1 cup of sugar and the other was it contained oil and no milk. 

Always interested in finding new good recipes, I decided to give it a try.  I omitted the pecans because my granddaughters have peanut allergies and they could eat it without concern that peanuts might have been near the pecans in the processing plant. While I usually do enjoy them in my banana breads, this banana bread was actually very good.  I will make it again.

Remember if you want to print the recipe using the print friendly button at the bottom of the post, you will have the option to remove the images.




MOM'S BANANA BREAD

2         eggs, beaten
1         cup, sugar (I used stevia)
1-1/2  cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 bananas)
1/4     cup canola oil
1-1/2  cup flour
3/4     teaspoon baking soda
1/2     teaspoon salt
3/4     cup chopped pecans (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Grease and flour a large loaf pan 8 x 4-1/2 - inch pan.


Beat the eggs. Add sugar and beat with electric mixer until mixture is pale in color.


Combine the mashed bananas and oil in a bowl 


and then add to egg mixture and blend well.


Mix flour, soda, and salt (don't sift).  Add to batter.

Mix in pecans if using them.



Pour into pan.


Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.


Cool on wire rack for at least 10 minutes before removing.


Wrap in foil to store.

No comments:

Post a Comment