Thursday, May 22, 2014

CAROL'S CABBAGE SALAD

Our day started here in KCMO with a little shower and it looks like we might have another little one before the day ends.  There are dark clouds around.  I watered my plants anyway, just in case, when I got home from playing canasta with friends.  (Don't ask.....we lost.)  I decided if I planned on rain to water them, it wouldn't rain.  Now even if it does, it will be okay. 

This is one of the dishes everyone enjoyed the other night at our NNL Dinner Group.  As I said earlier, everyone is a great cook in the group and I am lucky they are willing to share with me their recipes for my blog.  Friend Carol made this delicious Cabbage Salad.



CAROL'S CABBAGE SALAD

1       11 - oz bag chopped cabbage
1       bunch green onions chopped
1       15 - oz bag frozen peas
1       cup dry roasted peanuts
1       cup fat-free poppy seed dressing (Carol uses Otts dressing)
salt and pepper to taste

Mix all of the ingredients together. (As simple as that.)

"It makes 5 GOOD servings," Carol says. There were 18 of us there that night. So it makes plenty.

No comments:

Post a Comment