Monday, April 21, 2014

COWBOY COOKIES

I think it is safe to say that spring has finally arrived in KC. We have had temps in the low 80s and 70s for several days now. Flowers are pretty in yards, red bud trees are blooming everywhere, even our pink dogwood blooms popped open yesterday.  

I have spent most of the day working on my second rag quilt for the Linus Project ( the current project of my NNL quilting group). I have it all sewed together and am just clipping the seams now. Will share a picture of it when I get it finished.


This recipe I am sharing with you today was one that my mother gave me back in the mid 80s. The first time I made them was December 9, 1985. I like having cookies in the cookie jar because sometimes I just need a "little bit of sweet". When I made the recipe, I cut the recipe in half so I wouldn't have a jar full of cookies. I also used brown sugar blend and truvia baking blend to reduce the sugar amounts. I also used a Ultragrain blend all purpose flour. It says it is ...."a unique all natural whole wheat flour that has the nutrition of whole grain with the clean taste, ultra smooth texture and appearance of white flour."


Remember the print friendly button at the bottom  of this post, will give you the option to remove images.





COWBOY COOKIES

1       cup butter or margarine

1       cup brown sugar (1/2 cup brown sugar blend)
1       cup white sugar (1/2 cup truvia sugar blend)
2       eggs
1       teaspoon vanilla
2       cups flour
1       teaspoon baking soda
1/2    teaspoon salt
1/2    teaspoon baking powder
2       cups rolled oats
6       oz pkg (1 cup) chocolate chips
1/2    cup chopped nuts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.


Cream sugars, butter, eggs, and vanilla until fluffy.(Remember my pictures will look strange because I only made half of the recipe.)
Sift flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder together.
Stir dry ingredients into creamed mixture.
Add oatmeal, chips, and nuts.
Drop by a teaspoon onto cookie sheet.  (I use a cookie scoop and place them on the sheet with the flat side up.)
Bake for 12 minutes.
Remove and cool on wire rack.


No comments:

Post a Comment