Thursday, April 24, 2014

CHOCOLATE APPLE BROWNIES

This is an excellent recipe for brownies, but the diced apple is a perfect addition to take your brownies up a notch.  The recipe is another one from the big fat red juicy Apple Cook Book.  

By the time my 3 - hour shift was over at Hillcrest Thrift Shop on Tuesday, the platter was clean.  Well, almost clean....there were a few crumbs.  I couldn't wait to get home and eat one of the two I had set aside for my husband and me.

I may never make brownies again by any other recipe.

Remember, if you want to print the recipe using the print friendly button at the bottom of this post, it will allow you to remove the images.


CHOCOLATE APPLE BROWNIES

1/2      cup butter or margarine (Country Crock sticks work well)
2         squares unsweetened chocolate
2         eggs
1         cup sugar (or 1/2 truvia baking blend)
1         cup flour
1/2      teaspoon baking powder
1/4      teaspoon salt
1         cup chopped walnuts
1         cup chopped apple (1 medium apple - I used Granny Smith)
1         teaspoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray an 8 - inch square pan with cooking spray.

Melt margarine and chocolate over low heat. 

Stir till chocolate completely melts. Cool.

Dice the apples. Set aside.

Beat eggs in large mixing bowl with whisk.

Add sugar to beaten eggs.

Stir in chocolate mixture and beat well.









Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.

Add dry ingredients to mixture and stir til combined.

Add apples

nuts,

and last the vanilla.

Pour into pan and bake for 25 - 30 minutes.  (I baked mine 30 minutes.)

Cool in pan on wire rack.











Cut with plastic knife for clean cuts when cool.

Can dust with powdered sugar....

I chose not to.



No comments:

Post a Comment