Thursday, March 6, 2014

PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER CHIP COOKIES

This was a recipe in an advertisement for Reese's Peanut Butter Chips that I had cut out several years ago. One reason I know it was several years ago is that the bag of chips called for in the recipe was 12 ounces. The bag I had was only 10 ounces. (That shows how companies fool us into thinking prices aren't rising by simply reducing the size of packages but keeping the same price. Remember when a pound of coffee was actually a pound and five pounds of sugar was really that....five pounds?)   

Everyone liked them at the tax office when my husband took them to share but I think they needed the other 2 ounces of chips in the mix. I also used special dark cocoa so the cookies were really dark chocolate.





PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER CHIP COOKIES

2-1/4       cups all-purpose flour
1/3           cup cocoa
1               teaspoon baking soda
1/2           teaspoon salt
1               cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
3/4          cup granulated sugar
3/4          cup packed light brown sugar
1               teaspoon vanilla extract
2              eggs
2              cups (12 - oz pkg) peanut butter chips (my bag was only 10 -oz and the mix needed more chips)
1              cup chopped nuts (optional- I left out but won't the next time)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cover cookie sheets with parchment paper.

Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. (I decided to sift these after I stirred them together to better blend it.)

Beat margarine, sugars, and vanilla in large bowl on medium speed of mixer until creamy.

Add eggs, and beat well.

Gradually add the flour mixture, beating well.

Stir in peanut butter chips. Add nuts, if desired.

Drop by rounded teaspoons (I used my cookie scoop and it worked great.)

Bake 8 - 10 minutes or until set. (I cooked mine the full 10 minutes to be set.)  

Cool slightly and then remove to wire rack to finish cooling.

No comments:

Post a Comment