Saturday, January 11, 2014

GHIRARDELLI MACADAMIA WHITE CHIP COOKIES


Before we left for our Christmas visit with our son Jeffrey and his
family in CO, I went by my friend Linda's to drop off a key to our house.  (Linda usually checks on our cat Miss Sara whenever we go away.) As soon as she opened the door to me, I couldn't miss the delicious smells coming from her kitchen.  She was making one of her grandson's favorite cookies.  They were having their Christmas that weekend.  She offered me one fresh out of the oven and of course I couldn't be rude and refuse.  OMG! It was so-o-o-o-o good.  Since she was still making them I was able to get some pictures with my phone.


GHIRARDELLI MACADAMIA WHITE CHIP COOKIES


1         cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1-1/2  cups granulated sugar
1         cup brown sugar, packed
2         eggs, room temperature
1-1/2   teaspoon vanilla
3         cups unsifted flour
1/2     teaspoon baking soda
1        teaspoon salt
2        cups (11 - oz pkg) Ghirardelli Classic White Chips
1-1/2  cups macadamia nuts, chopped

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.

Cream butter and sugars til fluffy.

Add vanilla and eggs, (one at a time), mixing well.

Blend in the flour, baking soda, and salt.

Stir in white chips and nuts.




Drop by teaspoonfuls.  (Linda squeezed the dough to hold together.)





















Bake for 10 - 12 minutes.


Linda let the cookies cool on the cookie sheet before removing them.




















No comments:

Post a Comment