Tuesday, September 24, 2013

PINEAPPLE CAKE w/ BOILED COCONUT ICING

Today I am sharing this recipe that Janice served at this month's Tasty Bunch gathering. We enjoyed a delicious dinner at the Smokehouse and then went to their house for dessert. She had planned to make her pineapple cake that she has made for years, but then she saw this recipe. Unlike me, she tried the recipe earlier in the week to make sure it was going to be good. (I guess I'm more of a dare-devil than she is....I just make it and hope it tastes good.)

Anyway Leon, her husband, really liked it. He told me the day before that I wouldn't be able to just eat one serving. It was really that good.  

She did decide to make the boiled icing that she makes with her other recipe.




PINEAPPLE CAKE
w/ BOILED COCONUT ICING

1     yellow cake mix
1     (20-oz) can of crushed pineapple

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Grease and flour a 9 x 13 - inch baking pan.

Combine the cake mix and crushed pineapple.

Pour into baking pan and bake for 23 minutes.

BOILED ICING

1       stick of margarine
1       cup sugar
1       small can (2/3 cup) evaporated milk
1-1/3 cup coconut
1       cup chopped nuts

Boil the margarine, sugar and evaporated milk for 9 - 10 minutes. (It will thicken.)

Add the coconut and nuts.

Spread on cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment