Wednesday, September 18, 2013

CAJUN CASHEWS

I've been busy machine quilting my sudoku lap quilt this afternoon and just realized it was later than I thought it was. I have to hurry off to handbell practice at the church, but wanted to get this post published before I left.  As soon as I get my lap quilt finished, I will be showing how I finished it. If you missed the beginning tutorial, you can check it out HERE.  I'm really pleased with how it is coming out.

This is the last treat to share that we enjoyed at Sue's back in July when we gathered for farkle. I apologize Sue for taking so long to get it published. Please don't take my delay as anything other than I had a lot of other things going on that I wanted to share.  I was scrolling down my posts and saw it still as a draft and realized that I had never published it.

If you like to serve nuts that you have prepared instead of the "bought" ones, then you definitely need to try this recipe.




Cajun Cashews

1 T. butter
2 t. white vinegar
2 t. Tabasco
1 t. cayenne
1/2 t. garlic salt
1/2 t. salt
2 c. unsalted raw cashews

Put first 6 ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat and heat until butter melts. 

Add nuts and toss well. 

Put nuts on a foil lined jelly roll pan. 

Bake at 350 until golden brown; about 10-15 minutes. 

Scrape nuts and seasonings into a bowl; toss well. 

Serve warm or at room temperature. Store in an airtight container.





1 comment:

  1. Oh I am going to absolutely try these! I love Cajun seasoned ANYTHING and I love Cashews!
    Thank Sue for the recipe!
    This must be a busy time of year for us Grannies! I've been covered up with putting up veggies and pepper jelly and I have a sewing room full of projects waiting for some attention!

    ReplyDelete