Thursday, August 15, 2013

PEACH CRUMBLE

I am trying to take advantage of the fresh peaches that are in the stores right now. Too bad they don't produce throughout the year. I did discover how to freeze sliced peaches last year and that helps SEE MORE.... .

Anyway, I wanted to find a new recipe that I could share here. I decided to look in one of my Mr. Food Cookbook that I got at an estate sale. The first one I picked up, The MR. FOOD Cookbook, had one. I couldn't believe my luck.

As usual I took liberties with his recipe. I used the brown sugar blend to reduce calories instead of the light brown sugar.  I decided I wanted to use my cookie crumbs that I had made and frozen recently with some gingersnaps ( see link below for the recipe) that I made instead of graham cracker crumbs. Mr. Food's recipe called for cinnamon and nutmeg, but since I was using the gingersnaps I decided I didn't need to add anything but the margarine.

It looked and smelled so good when I took it out of the oven, I could only let it cool for about 15 minutes before I ate some. I would definitely recommend it while it is warm.


PEACH CRUMBLE

4         cups sliced peaches (4 - 6 peaches, depending on the size)

1/4      cup + 2 tablespoons brown sugar blend, packed (or 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed)
1-1/4   cups crumbled cookies (I used GINGERSNAPS I make.)
5-1/3   tablespoons margarine, softened

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray an 8 - inch square baking dish with cooking spray.


Peel and slice enough peaches to measure 4 cups. Toss with the brown sugar to cover all the peaches.

Spread evenly in the baking dish.




Combine the crumbled cookies and margarine in a small bowl til well blended.





Crumble the topping evenly over the peaches.


Bake for 30 - 35 minutes or til peaches are tender or bubbly.






Can be served with ice cream or tastes just great without.

No comments:

Post a Comment