Wednesday, August 28, 2013

DIJON HONEY CHOPS

This recipe was in Mr. Food Cooks Like Mama cookbook that I got at an estate sale a couple of months ago.  Cookbooks have become my weakness.  I have a hard time passing them up.  Last Friday, I actually managed to talk myself out of buying one that I wanted because there were a couple of recipes that looked good.  

This morning I decided I would have pork chops for dinner tonight.  But I wanted to try a new recipe.  I found one, but it needed to be marinated overnight.   I will have to try that one another time.  

I decided to check out "pork chops" in some of the Mr. Food cookbooks that I got at an estate sale.  The first one had the recipe that needed to be marinated.  So I picked up the second one.  That's where I found the recipe for Dijon honey chops.  It looked easy and I had all of the ingredients.  I just used 2 pork chops though instead of 4.

Mr. Food says, "These are as fine, fancy-tasting, and mouth-watering as any pork chops I've ever had.  And we can end up looking that fine and fancy in just minutes--WOW!!  This one will become one of your standards that they'll always be looking for.  It's probably my favorite "new way" with "old-way" pork chops."

The next time I make them I will use Emeril's Essense as the seasoning salt for my husband's.  He likes dishes with a more kick.  I would recommend your using your favorite seasoning.



DIJON HONEY CHOPS

1-1/4 to 1-1/2 pounds pork loin chops, 3/4 inch thick

Seasoned salt for sprinkling

1        tablespoon vegetable oil

1/3     cup orange juice

1-1/2  tablespoon Dijon mustard

1        tablespoon honey

2        teaspoons cornstarch


Sprinkle both sides of chops liberally with your favorite seasoning salt.


















In a large skillet, heat oil; brown chops, two minutes per side.














In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients.





























Pour mixture over chops.































Cover skillet and reduce heat to low, and simmer for 20 minutes 














or til done.















Pour sauce in small bowl















to spoon over chops when ready to eat.










No comments:

Post a Comment