Saturday, December 29, 2012

MY FAVORITE FRUITY GREEN SALAD

This is my ALL-TIME favorite green salad...all the "goodies" have settled to the bottom in this picture. You can see them in the picture below.

The first time I made it was when Hope Circle,  the United Methodist Women's unit I belong to at my church, was hosting the district meeting that occurs twice a year. We decided to have soup, salad, and dessert. 



I love the salad because you can use just about any fruit you want (have) in it.  In fact, that first time, we substituted pineapple chunks for the mandarin oranges. Everyone loved it.  

A week or so ago when I had my friends over for Mexican Train, I decided that was the easiest thing for me to fix to serve them. Do I need to say everyone loved it?

Since it is one of those recipes that you can make differently every time you make it, my directions will be very general.

You start with a Spring Mix and Spinach. (If you find a Spring mix that also includes spinach, you don't have to buy additional spinach unless you just like a lot of spinach.)






Add-ins can include any of the following: dried cranberries, blueberries, sliced strawberries, chopped dates, crushed or chunk pineapple, raisins,  mandarin oranges, raspberries, chopped apples, and chopped nuts (You can also add various chopped meats, if you like.)



Just before serving, toss with a light raspberry & walnut  salad dressing. (Fruit will settle to the bottom so when serving, make sure you "dig down" to the bottom to get the "goodies".

No comments:

Post a Comment