Friday, December 21, 2012

DARLENE'S PEANUT BUTTER BON BONS

At the Christmas Luncheon for the Northland New Neighbors League earlier this week, we had a gift exchange. Each person who brings a gift, receives one and after getting in a big circle, we pass the gifts either right or left as we listen to a story about the Wright family. If you hear right (wright) or left, the gift is passed in that direction. It is a lot of fun and the gifts move back and forth around the circle. I don't think anyone has ever ended up with the gift she brought.  

In my gift were two candles w/holders and a bag of candy.  Fortunately Darlene put a gift tag on the bag with her name wishing the person a Merry Christmas. I say "fortunately" because I didn't have to try to find out who brought the gift I received, which would have probably been impossible after getting home.

I sent Darlene an email this morning asking her for her recipe for the peanut bon bons. She quickly responded and so I am able to share with you her recipe for them.  

My comment is in the parentheses in bold. I think unless I were making these to "take or share", I would cut the recipe in half.   


Peanut Butter Bon Bons:

Soften and mix together:
2 cups peanut butter   
1 stick of butter            


Add:  
3  1/2 cups powered sugar
5 cups rice krispies cereal

Almond Bark (chocolate or vanilla) or chocolate chips or Candy Melt

Stir well  and make small balls (not larger than a quarter)  smaller yet - works well. (My 1-inch scoop would probably be perfect) Place on platter or cookie sheet.
 
Cover platter with Saran Wrap and refrigerate overnight.

Melt chocolate or vanilla almond bark - or - Chocolate chips - or - half of each-----for dipping cold bon bons. I use the microwave to melt the coating; putting it back into the microwave to keep the chocolate thin for dipping if necessary.
(If you really like peanut butter like me----you can put in a little extra.)

No comments:

Post a Comment