Wednesday, November 14, 2012

WHA-CHA BEEN UP TO LATELY?

I have a hard time just sitting, doing nothing.  I have so many shows on my DVR that I need to watch.  Some I can watch while I am baking, but others I need to give the TV my full attention to really enjoy the show.  That's hard to do during the day.  

Sometimes when my husband is watching a sports event on TV that I'm not interested in watching, I will go to the bedroom and watch a show or two that I have recorded.  

People will talk about cute commercials they have  seen on TV and I have to admit I watch very few commercials as I fast forward thru them most of the time.

I do watch TV in my sewing room when I am sewing, but it is a small TV that I watch on "rabbit ears" so I watch a lot of old reruns.

Anyway I thought I would share with you some of the things that have been keeping me busy the last few days (weeks).

Besides baking, I probably spend most of my time sewing for my granddaughters.  I love the jeans skirts and t-shirts that I make for them.  Here are some of my latest ones that I have made.  See how I make the jeans skirts HERE and the t-shirt dresses HERE.
Ruffled skirt from a pair of jeans for Sadie.

View from the back of a skirt for Hallie made from a pair of corduroy jeans .  The skirt is one panel.

View from the back of another ruffled jeans skirt for Sadie.
I added some ribbon that matched perfectly with the flowers on the pockets of these corduroy jeans for Hallie for a different look.
This skirt for Sadie was made from the legs of a pair of jeans.  The embroidery was only on the front of the pants legs.  I added the corduroy ruffle for length.

T-shirt dress for Sadie.  I added the two ruffles on the bottom of a purchased t-shirt.
Here is Hallie's.  The t-shirt is purple even though it looks blue in this picture.
I have also been busy sewing together two quilt tops for Hope Circle, the United Methodist Women's group at church.  It was really fun making both of them because of the fabrics.

A close up of the black print.  I love the material. 

The second one.....

Close up of the blue print....

I also made my grandson Tyler a cute bib for Thanksgiving. (Tutorial HERE.)

I also added some fall decorations to my old ladder on the wall.  I plan to change out some of the things for different holidays or seasons.

Sunday, the Miracle Ringers, the handbell choir at my church that I am a member of, played two songs in church.  We usually play on the second Sunday of the month.  It is a lot of fun....lot of work, but a lot of fun, too.
Sara, our wonderful, talented director,  took the picture with my phone, so she isn't in the picture.

And of course, I was baking.  I continue to make the pumpkin spiced baked oatmeal (Recipe) for my breakfast.  It really "stays with you" and fills you up.  We love the sweet potato jiffy cornbread and have it often.  I ran out of the multi-grain banana breakfast cookies so had to make some more of them.  I need to make some more of the granola bars.  I really like them.

My husband and I finished watching the BBC shows The Midsomer Murders with John Nettles as Tom Barnaby. The show hasn't been broadcasted in the United States for several years now, so after we moved to Missouri, we realized we could check them (DVDs) out of the library to watch.  In Set 20, Tom retires in the last show and his cousin John is hired to replace him in the police department.  We are assuming the show will continue to be made.  We will miss John Nettles and Jane Wyman as his wife as we have enjoyed watching the series for a number of years.  You feel like you know them personally.

And of course, keeping up with this blog takes quite a bit of my time.  But as long as I am enjoying it, I will continue to do it. By the way, I didn't include links in this post.  If you want to check out any of the projects, just search the key words or check my index.  Sorry.

I checked out a couple of books from the library a few days ago and hope to get them read over the next week. Will let you know if I succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment