Thursday, September 20, 2012

WHITE CHOCOLATE CRANBERRY MACADAMIA NUT COOKIES



These cookies that my friend Dee served at Mexican Train the other day were so good.  The butter flavored Crisco that she used made them taste so good....so buttery.  I asked her if they had a lot of butter in them because they were so good.  She laughed and said, "Yeah, butter flavored Crisco."  The white chocolate chips, dried cranberries, and macadamia nuts are a perfect combination.  

Thanks, Dee, for sharing the recipe with me for my blog.  You have to give these a try.  You won't be sorry.

WHITE CHOCOLATE CRANBERRY MACADAMIA NUT COOKIES

3  cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1   teaspoon baking soda

1   cup butter-flavored Crisco shortening

3/4 cup sugar
1  cup brown sugar

2  large eggs
1  Tablespoon vanilla

6 oz (1 1/2 cups) dried cranberries
8-1/2 oz (1 1/2 cups) white chocolate chips
1  cup (4-1/2 oz) coarsely chopped, roasted, salted macadamia nuts


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Sift flour, soda, salt. Set aside.

Cream shortening until fluffy.  Add both sugars; beat until blended. 

Beat in eggs one at at time; then vanilla.  

Add dry ingredients; beat until just blended.  

Stir in cranberries, chips  and nuts.

Drop by heaping teaspoon onto parchment lined cookie sheets, 1- 1/2 inches apart.


Bake about 12-14 minutes until just golden.  


Cool on cookie sheets.



2 comments:

  1. These were terrific! I didn't have enough cranberries so I halved the recipe - turned out great! Thanks for the great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad they turned out well for you. I really liked them too. Was worth what I had to pay for the macadamia nuts. Thanks for letting me know.

      Delete