Sunday, September 23, 2012

LIFE'S LITTLE INSTRUCTIONS

I receive a monthly newsletter from the group that manages the health benefits for the employees in the school district that I retired from. I often enjoy the articles presented in the newsletter. One page in this month's issue was dealing with your emotional health.  They attributed the list of "Life's Little Instructions" to William Snell.  While I could have made a similar list, why "reinvent the wheel".  So while I didn't talk to William Snell, I give him full credit.

Life's Little Instructions

  • Become the most positive and enthusiastic person you know.
  • Never waste an opportunity to tell people you love them.
  • Don't be afraid to say, "I made a mistake" or "I don't know".
  • Leave everything a little better than you found it.
  • Take responsibility for every area of your life.
  • Commit yourself to constant improvement.
  • Never underestimate the power of love.
  • Compliment even small improvements.
  • Keep your promises no matter what.
  • Strive for excellence, not perfection.
  • Remember other people's birthdays.
  • Be there when people need you.
  • Be forgiving of yourself and others.
  • Say "please" and "thank you" a lot.
  • Return all things you borrow.
  • Don't expect life to be fair.
  • Learn three clean jokes.
  • Avoid negative people.
  • Have a firm handshake.
  • Look people in the eye.
  • Be the first to say "hello".
  • Marry only for love.
  • Keep it simple.
              and

  • Count your blessings.  (He saved the best for last, as far as I am concerned.) 
I hope you are having a good day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment