Friday, August 17, 2012

HARVEST ZUCCHINI BREAD

I wanted to share with you another really delicious recipe using zucchini that I found at SteviaBenefits.org. The only Stevia I have is the packets, so I used truvia baking blend for the Stevia Extract In The Raw and sugar. I also made 4 mini-loaves so I could freeze 3 of them for later instead of 2 (8  x  4 inch) loaf pans. 

The recipe makes very moist multi-grain, reduced sugar, zucchini-pineapple loaves .... all words I like to see in a recipe.


HARVEST ZUCCHINI BREAD

1   cup all-purpose flour
1   cup whole wheat pastry flour
2   teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4   teaspoon ground nutmeg
2   teaspoons baking soda
1   teaspoon salt
2   eggs
2   teaspoons vanilla extract
1/3   cup nonfat buttermilk
1/3   cup canola oil
1/2   cup truvia baking blend
3   cups unpeeled, grated zucchini
1  (8 - oz) can crushed pineapple in its own juice*
1/2   cup coarsely chopped nuts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Spray 4  mini loaf pans or 2 (8 x 4") loaf pans with cooking oil

In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients with a whisk. 

In a large bowl beat eggs.  
Add vanilla, buttermilk and canola oil;
 blend well. 
Add grated zucchini and dry ingredients.  
Mix well.

*Stir in pineapple (I measured out 1  cup of crushed pineapple from a larger can making sure I also included some of the juice) and nuts (I used black walnuts) until blended.  
(Batter will be thin)

Pour batter evenly into the pans. 


Set pans in oven on middle rack and bake for about 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted.  

Remove from oven and cool in pans for about 25 minutes on a wire rack.


Remove from pan and continue to cool on wire rack before slicing to serve.


To freeze, wrap individually with plastic wrap and place in freezer bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment