Monday, July 23, 2012

FROZEN PINK LEMONADE PIE

We continue to have triple digit temperatures this summer.(bad thing).  But (good thing) that means that I am getting to try out some new recipes and discovering some really good ones.  I decided to try the recipe below to serve for my bunco group.  Since it is summer and so many are out of town, we only had 2 tables.  The last time I had friends over for Mexican Train, I fixed a LIGHT KEY LIME PIE and my husband was disappointed that I cut the pie into 6 pieces (number playing) and he didn't get any.  I decided to make two pies this time so I wouldn't have to cut the pieces so little and then that means he will get a piece.  I already had the ingredients and since the frozen pink lemonade I had was 12-oz, it was easy to do.
 

FROZEN PINK LEMONADE PIE
 
GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST:
2   cups low-fat graham cracker crumbs
1/4   cup sugar ( 2 T truvia)
7   Tablespoons light margarine

Combine and spread in a pie plate and bake for 7 - 8 min in a oven preheated to 350 degrees.  Cool completely.

FILLING:
1   14-oz  fat free sweetened condensed milk
1   8-oz  no-sugar-added Cool Whip
1   6-fluid oz. frozen pink lemonade concentrate, unthawed

Add sweetened condensed milk and Cool Whip together by gently folding until combined being careful to keep the mixture light & fluffy.
Add the frozen pink lemonade concentrate and continue to fold til combined.  Avoid letting the mixture get too liquid-y.
Spoon into pie crust and place in freezer to chill overnight.
Remove 10 minutes before you are ready to serve.

(In my haste to get this pie made for the gathering, I used a 6-oz purchased graham cracker crust.  Next time I will make sure I allow enough time so that I can make my own crust and control the ingredients I put in it.  I have recently seen a pin on Pinterest for making your own sweetened condensed milk.  I am anxious to try it.  If it works, I will finally have my fat-free, sugar-free sweetened condensed milk because I will substitute truvia for the sugar.  Will let you know if it works.)



TIP ALERT!

When I was doing some last minute cleaning this morning before my friends came over, one of the things I had to do was clean the chair seats of cat hair.  Miss Sara, our rescue cat, likes to lay everywhere and anywhere.  As I was cleaning the dining room chairs, I realized I should get my camera and take a picture.  I forget where I learned this tip, I think on TV, but it works so well.  No more buying fancy gadgets to clean pet hair from furniture.  It just takes a yellow rubber glove (Rubbermaid makes them but other brands will work fine, too.....Yeah, it has to be yellow.....just kidding).  Once you have the glove on your hand, it will work whether you wet the glove or not....I usually do wet it.  Simply wear the glove on your hand, then rub your hand over the fabric.  The pet hair will just ball up.  I usually pick any big balls of fur from the glove, and then just wash the rest of the hair off and I am ready for the next piece of furniture.  That easy!
  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment